- First, check to see if your local Kmart is participating. Hip 2 Save has a master list of the stores participating here.
- Know the rules and follow them. Cha-ching on a Shoestring lists them here.
- A lot of blogs will post Kmart coupon match-ups -- read a few. There are a few blogs I like to check listed on my sidebar.
- Go in with an idea of what you want, but have some back up ideas in mind.
- Be prepared to throw in a little item -- candy bar, gum, whatever -- to hit the $ amount you must reach (usually $25). Note: there doesn't appear to be a dollar limit this time. There is a limit on the number of coupons you can use per day, however. This time it's five.
- If this is your first time with a double coupon promotion at Kmart, especially if you don't shop Kmart for deals often (I don't), be prepared to spend some time making it all work.
- Making multiple trips (or taking someone with you) is the best way to maximize the deals because of the restrictions.
Good luck! Let me know how you do.
Common Sense with Money reports here that you need a Kmart Reward Card in order to double coupons. The card is free. You can go here to sign up for one or pick one up in a Kmart store. If you want to use it the week of April 4, you might want to pick it up in a store because if they need to snail mail your card to you after signing up online, you might not get it in time. (I'm not sure exactly how the online offer works.)